Tuesday

My name is Chris Carte and you are very welcome to my blog

Hi there and welcome to my blog.  My name is Chris Carte and I am a woodworking enthusiast just like you.  I started my hobby nearly 31 years ago and I am insanely passionate about woodworking.  During my teenage years I became quickly interested in making woodworking projects in my grandfathers small woodshop in Providence, Rhode Island.  I eventually went on to study Furniture Design at the Rhode Island School of Design.  I got married to my wife Kelly and had a son (Jeremy) not long after graduation and settled in  Queensbury, New York where I now run "The Wood Carte - REAL WOOD FURNITURE" furniture shop.  I also teach a small class two nights a week in woodworking.


My day job - "The Wood Carte - REAL WOOD FURNITURE" shop in Queensbury, NY 


I don't claim to be a master woodworker but I do make a decent living from it for my family and have picked up a hell of a lot down through the years from woodworking magazines, tv shows and of course trial & error.  I try my best to emulate the master woodworkers!

The aim of my blog is to share some of my woodwork project making experiences with you, if you can spare a bit of time.  The posts are done in a "How to" style of writing and should be easy enough to follow if you want to have a stab at completing them yourself.  Please use the menu bar above this introductory post to navigate through my blog's content.  There are articles about woodworking, reviews of my favourite woodworking plans, guides e.g. How to Start a Woodworking Business, links to websites where you can get the best plans available on the internet.

I am quite busy with my business and family life in general so I may not be able to publish content as often as I would like but I will try my best to make a weekly post.

Thanks for stopping by,

All the best,
Chris Carte


How YOU can build your own bookcase - A step by step guide

In-the-wall bookcases are elegant, but they can be difficult and expensive to construct. We show you an easier way to create a classic piec...